The Alpha Hypixel Network (acronymized as AHN), or Alpha Network, is a testing server that allows players to test upcoming updates for games on the Hypixel Network. This server is on alpha.hypixel.net.
The Alpha Hypixel Network hosts testing sessions in which the server is open players to test specified subjects, usually upcoming updates or features for specific games. Currently, SkyBlock is the only supported game on the server, and upcoming updates for the game are planned to be tested in the server. A rank requirement may be present for joining the Alpha Network.
Alpha Network Reset
When an Alpha Network Reset (or Network Reset) happens:
- Any previous progress on the Alpha Network is wiped.
- Upon joining SkyBlock, a player will enter the profile they last played on the main server.
Upon joining the first profile after a reset, a Transfer of Progress may happen:
- All progress made by the player on all profiles on the main server will be transferred the Alpha Network, including all built structures on the private island of each profile.
- Player begins receiving game messages about achievements/collections unlocks, and skills/pet leveling up, until they are the same as on its corresponding profile on the main server.
- Note: The above is the intended behaviour. It can happen that a player joins the Alpha Network without a proper transfer of progress. That is, they start as if they play SkyBlock for the first time.
General Points to Note
- Progress made after the Transfer of Progress is branched out from the main server, and later progress on either alpha or main server will not affect the other.
- New features or new testing sessions on the Alpha Network do not necessarily come with a Network Reset; It is on admin's decision to trigger a Network Reset.
- The player limit of during each session, shown on server listings, can change on admin's decision. This limits the number of players that can play the Alpha Network at the same time. The highest capacity for this player limit is believed to be 400.
The observed similarities and differences of the Alpha Network with the Main Server is listed below.
All events seems to also happen on the Alpha Hypixel Network. For example:
- Every Jacob's Farming Contests are scheduled at the same time with the same crops as the main server.
- During Traveling Zoo, Oringo has the same pet stocks as the main server.
- Mayor Elections run separately from those on the main server. See Mayor Election#On the Alpha Hypixel Network.
- Salesman does not appear in the Hub.
- Simon appeared in the Hub in Year 200 handing out Century Cakes.
- Hub Selector lists only 12 servers, instead of 28 as in the main server.
- Dungeon Hub Selector lists only 3 servers, instead of 28 as in the main server.
Changes on the main server may not be reflected on the Alpha Network immediately:
- When Simon was removed on the main server on 11 April 2022, he was not removed at the same time on the Alpha Network. When the Security Sloth was added to the main server on 24 May 2022, it was not added immediately on the Alpha Network. Instead, both changes were done when a session opened on 9 June 2022.
- When the Main Server Hub was Easter-decorated in 2022, the Alpha Network Hub was not changed.
|9 June - 10 June||Unknown|
|7 June - 8 June||Testing Backend Change|
|22 April - 25 April
15 April - 20 April
|21 March - 7 April
12 March - 13 March
8 March - 9 March
|Nether Update Alpha Testing Phase 2|
|2 March||Nether Update Alpha Testing Phase 1: Performance issues|
|23/24 Feb||This testing session is for the new island; the Crimson Isle. (selected people only)|
|22 Feb||Nether Update Alpha Testing Phase 1|
|Jan 21 - Unknown||Unknown|
|Jan 6 - Jan 18||This testing session is for the new "Stranded" game mode and the new armor slots.|
|Dec 13 - Jan 1||This testing session is for the new "Stranded" game mode and the new armor slots.|
|Oct 25 - Unknown||This testing session is for the new "Museum" mechanic.|
|Sep 8 - Unknown||Unknown|
|Aug 27 - Sep 1||Unknown|
|Unknown Dates||This session is for some internal testing.|
|Jun 30 - Jul 23|
|May 5 - Unknown||
This testing session is for The Catacombs.
- The server was announced on May 5th, 2020, along with the return of linking to the Hypixel Discord through the /discord Command, and access to the
#admin-loungechannel for testers.
- When attempting to use /skyblock after a Network Reset, if the player was on a ☀ Stranded profile when joining, this message can appear:You were kicked when joining that server!Cannot join an island on a stranded profile!
Clicking on the SkyBlock Lobby NPC does not trigger this warning and player is able to enter SkyBlock normally.
- When the player is awarded Bingo Points from previous Bingo events, this message can appear:You have been given [#] Bingo Points that were missing from the [n-th] Bingo.
- When attempting to join the server when it is closed or when rank is insufficient, the connection screen will show:Failed to connect to the server
The Hypixel Alpha server is currently closed!
|Alpha Hypixel Network|
|Mar 12, 2020||The Alpha Hypixel Network increased the player limit from 200 to 400 players.|
|May 5, 2020||0.7.8||The Alpha Hypixel Network was announced with the beginning of the first testing session.|
|August 2020||alpha.hypixel.net is redirected to the main Hypixel server.|
|June 2021||alpha.hypixel.net is connected to the Alpha Hypixel Network, no longer being redirected.|