- < Policies
Follow the tips in this Style Manual to help keep the Hypixel SkyBlock Wiki consistent and easy to read. In addition, Wikipedia's Manual of Style is a great resource for fundamental editing tips and rules. The style guide may be used to adjudicate disagreements between users over editing style.
While we generally try to follow Wikipedia's manual of style, below is a list of some specific policies we value:
- WP:PRONOUN - Articles should not be written from a first- or second-person perspective. (ex: "You can access collections" should be phrased as "The player can access collections.")
The official name of the game is "Hypixel SkyBlock" with the "B" capitalized, and as such the wiki uses this spelling.
Assets should be from the 1.8 version of Minecraft as this is the lowest version Hypixel supports and is the closest playable version to that the server runs on. It's also the most commonly used Minecraft version for the Hypixel SkyBlock player according to the poll created on December 12, 2019.
Guidelines for images/screencaps and render resources:
Various choices below are chosen due to Hypixel being a Canadian company. For more specifics, see Standard Page Formatting.
- Dates: use Canadian / American formatting (MM.DD.YYYY - ex: January 1st, 1972)
- Decimal separator - This wiki again uses Canadian / American formatting (so the number "ten-thousand and 5 and one-tenth" would be written as "10,005.1"
- Canadian / American spelling should be used (ex: defense, not defence)
- NPC's Should be written in Gender-neutral language. (ex: "They give the player an Aspect of the Dragons when talked to.")
- This comes with notable exceptions such as: Admins having referred to NPC's with certain pronouns, and things like King Midas.
All pages should follow certain design and layout patterns to keep the Wiki consistent.
The standard order of article parts is following:
- Message boxes
- Introduction with a general description
- Article body
- See also
- Notes and references
- History (if any)
There is a more in-depth policy, Standard Page Formatting. There are also even more in-depth, page-type-specific layout rules: