Minions are a fundamental part of Hypixel SkyBlock. Minions are automated resource harvesting NPCs. Each minion will generate and harvest resources within a 5x5 Area. The resource generated varies by minion type. Minions can be upgraded in order to increase their speed and carrying capacity, to a max tier of XII for mining minions, or XI for snow minions and all others. Players start with a Tier I Cobblestone minion on their starter island.
Minions cannot be traded on the Auction House, but can be traded through player to player personal trading.
Minions can be crafted into higher tiers which increases their collection speed and its maximum storage size, with tier XI being the highest tier, and tier XII for mining minions. Tiered minions can be distinguished by their colored patch on their heads, with light green patches being tier II-IV, purple patches being tier V-VII, orange patches being tier VII-X, and cyan patches being tier XI. Also, there is a quick crafting diamond, so that one does not need to manually craft the next tier.
Initially, the player can only place five minions. Furthermore, you can gain an additional 5 minion slots through Profile Upgrades and 25 minion slots by crafting various unique minion tiers. This means players can have a total of 30 minion slots. (see increasing minion capacity).
All players in the Co-op can interact with all Minions on the island.
- 1 Minion UI Slots
- 2 Crafted Minions
- 3 Minion List
- 4 Increasing Minion Capacity
- 5 Mob Spawning Mechanics
- 6 Improving Minion Setup
- 7 Tier XII Minions
- 8 Tips and Trivia
- 9 Minion Dialogue
- 10 See also
- 11 History
- 12 References
Minion UI Slots
|Cobblestone Minion I|
Cobblestone Minion I Menu
Minions have four types of slots:
- Minion Skins (Green, 1 Slot) - These are purely cosmetic.
- Fuel (Red, 1 Slot) - Increases minion production speed. Most will only have limited usage and will destroy itself when used up. The exceptions are the Enchanted Lava Bucket and the Solar Panel. Both power up the minion indefinitely, but the latter works only in daylight.
- Automated Shipping (Blue, 1 Slot) - Minions will automatically sell generated items once its inventory and Minion Storage Chest (if used) are full. This can be utilized for low-effort minion setups which rely on high NPC sell-value, or minion setups aimed at long times away from the game
- Upgrades (Yellow, 2 Slots) - Unlike the other slots, both upgrade slots have a variety of different functions they can supply, although some upgrades are exclusive to certain minions.
Some items placed nearby can also have effects:
- Extra Storage - There is no slot for this, as it is placed directly to the side of the minion. It acts as a chest that a minion can put more of its produced resources in.
- Crystals - There is no slot for this, as it is placed on the player's Private Island to enhance certain types of minions.
Minion Fuel increases the speed of the minion, in turn decreasing the time between actions of a minion. For exact time decrease percentages, see Minion Fuel § Calculations.
|Icon||Fuel||Fuel Time (hours)||Minion Efficiency||Notes||Collection|
|Block of Coal||5||+5%|
|Enchanted Bread||12||+5%||Wheat |
|Enchanted Coal||24||+10%||Coal |
|Enchanted Charcoal||36||+20%||Coal |
|Solar Panel||Infinite (During the day only)||+25%||Able to be picked up once placed in a minion||Quartz |
|Enchanted Lava Bucket||Infinite||+25%||Able to be picked up once placed in a minion||Coal |
|Magma Bucket||Infinite||+30%||Able to be picked up once placed in a minion|
|Plasma Bucket||Infinite||+35%||Able to be picked up once placed in a minion|
|Hamster Wheel||24||+50%||Sven Packmaster drop|
|Foul Flesh||5||+90%||Revenant Horror drop|
|Catalyst||3||x3||It doesn't decrease the time between actions but triples the output items. This means that technically the Catalyst increases Minion speed by +200%.||Endstone |
|Hyper Catalyst||6||x4||Functions similarly to Catalysts but quadruples output and doubles work time.|
|Budget Hopper||Sells resources when the minion's storage is full for 50% of its selling price.||Iron Ingot V|
|Enchanted Hopper||Sells resources when the minion's storage is full for 90% of its selling price.||Iron Ingot IX|
|Perfect Hopper||Sells resources when the minion's storage is full for 100% of its selling price.||Unobtainable|
|Auto Smelter||Various||Automatically smelts items that the minion produces.||Cobblestone III|
|Compactor||Various||Compacts items to their block forms.
|Any||Compacts items to their enchanted forms. (as well as second-tier enchanted items when there are enough resources)
|Dwarven Super Compactor||Various||Automatically smelts and compacts items into their enchanted forms.||Mithril VI|
|Diamond Spreading||Any||Occasionally collects a Diamond in addition to regular resources. (does not interfere with minion speed)||Diamond VI|
|Minion Expander||Any||Increases the minion range by one block (7x7 Area, 1 block each side) and increases minion speed by 5%.
(Placing two in the same minion will cause the effects to stack and will result in a minion range of 9x9.)
|Enchanted Egg||Chicken||Guarantees that each chicken will drop an egg after they spawn.||Raw Chicken V|
|Flint Shovel||Gravel||Guarantees that a Gravel Minion will receive flint upon harvest.||Gravel II|
|Flycatcher||Any||Increases the speed of your minion by 20%||Spider Slayer LVL 6|
Minion Skins are cosmetic overrides to a specific minion's appearance. It does not affect performance.
Some examples include the Santa minion skin and the Gingerbread minion skin.
Minion chests can be placed on any side of a minion (but not above), and once their inventory is full, items will be placed into the chest instead. Chests will be used before "automated shipping" items.
|Small Storage||Increases the minion's storage by 3 slots.||Oak Wood
||64 Oak Wood|
|Medium Storage||Increases the minion's storage by 9 slots.||Oak Wood
||8 Enchanted Oak Wood, Small Storage|
|Large Storage||Increases the minion's storage by 15 slots||Oak Wood
||256 Enchanted Oak Wood, Medium storage|
|X-Large Storage||Increases the minion's storage by 21 slots||N/A||Minion Storage X-pender, Large Storage|
|XX-Large Storage||Increases the minion's storage by 27 slots||N/A||Minion Storage X-pender, X-Large Storage|
Minion Crystals can be placed on the Private Island. to increase the speed of nearby minions of a certain type. Only one minion crystal of each type can be placed down at any time and you can't sell them. Therefore, it is advised to only craft one of each type.
|Farm Crystal||Farming minions which spawn crops (and not mobs)||10% speed||8||Pumpkin
||64 oak logs|
|Woodcutting Crystal||Foraging minions||12||Birch Wood
||8 enchanted oak logs, small storage|
|Mithril Crystal||Mining minions||40||Mithril
||1 Enchanted Quartz, 16 Enchanted Mithril|
Other minion items
- Minion Chair - Purely cosmetic. Counts as a furniture item. Sitting minions are not considered "placed": they won't work nor will they count towards the number of minions placed. A minion skin cannot be applied on a sitting minion.
Increasing Minion Capacity
The number of unique minions the player can place on the island increases as they create more unique minions. This includes creating new unique minion types or a higher level Minion of the same type that has already been collected. The table below shows the number of unique minions that can be placed after creating a certain number of unique Minions.
|Tier||Amount of Placeable Minions||Total Unique Minions required for this tier|
Alternatively, the player is also able to obtain up to five more Minion slots via upgrades at the Community Shop.
Mob Spawning Mechanics
The mechanics of mob spawning minions are similar to that of mob spawners in vanilla Minecraft. The "ideal layout" only shows the general spawning area for mobs around a minion. Minions can spawn mobs only within a 5x5 area centered around them, unless they have a Minion Expander upgrade. The vertical range in which they spawn is 6 blocks (3 below, 2 above, and 1 at eye level with the minion). As long as there is a block for them to spawn on and spawning will not cause them to take suffocation damage, they will spawn in accordance with the minion's normal spawning times. Mobs that are wider than 1 block (slimes, magma cubes, ghast,s etc.) are limited by the horizontal range, but will still spawn partially inside nearby walls and possibly escape. If a mob is outside of a minion's range, it will not kill it automatically and collect the loot.
Improving Minion Setup
This section is about improving minion setup and maximizing efficiency and coins per hour. This section may change slightly due to bazaar prices and updates in the game so it might not be entirely accurate at times.
This is a table of profits for all minions without any fuel or other bonuses. Prices listed are if sold to the Bazaar (or sold to shop if item cannot be sold on the bazaar).
Bazaar prices are updated every half hourⓘ and cached. To confirm the most up-to-date values are displayed, purge / refresh the page.
Note: This table assumes that the player is using a Super Compactor 3000, and thus uses enchanted item prices. The reason for this is most people use one, and there can be a large gap between what the base item is worth and what the enchanted form is worth. Example: 160 Glowstone Dust is worth 1,712 coins while one Enchanted Glowstone Dust is worth only 548.6 coins, a notable decrease.
Note: Lower tiers (tier VII or below) of these minions are not suggested to use as they have many different kinds of items can be produced that lacking the storage or their enchanted (block) form of items' price are decreased a lot.
template = Template:Minions page profit table form = minProfTblCalcForm result = minProfTblCalcResult param = fuel|Fuel||select|[none],Coal,Block of Coal,Enchanted Bread,Enchanted Coal,Enchanted Charcoal,Solar Panel,Enchanted Lava Bucket,Magma Bucket,Plasma Bucket,Hamster Wheel,Foul Flesh,Catalyst,Hyper Catalyst param = ds|Diamond Spreading|false|check param = expander|Expander|0|select|0,1,2 param = flycatcher|Flycatcher|0|select|0,1,2 param = sc3000|SC3000|true|check param = crystal|Minion Crystal|false|check param = time|Hours|24|int|0-99999999
|Minion||Tier 1||Tier 3||Tier 5||Tier 7||Tier 9||Tier 11|
|Sheep||41,756 coins||45,143 coins||49,247 coins||54,283 coins||64,027 coins||83,512 coins|
|Tarantula||29,562 coins||32,936 coins||37,344 coins||45,039 coins||58,950 coins||85,423 coins|
|Rabbit||37,611 coins||40,679 coins||44,778 coins||49,130 coins||58,049 coins||75,694 coins|
|Lapis||40,752 coins||43,614 coins||47,239 coins||51,273 coins||56,100 coins||65,421 coins|
|Cow||34,308 coins||31,904 coins||36,513 coins||42,094 coins||46,647 coins||62,350 coins|
|Ghast||32,614 coins||34,696 coins||37,069 coins||39,776 coins||42,922 coins||50,976 coins|
|Iron||24,849 coins||28,361 coins||30,330 coins||35,352 coins||42,542 coins||53,027 coins|
|Gravelⓘ||24,957 coins||27,004 coins||29,459 coins||34,090 coins||40,604 coins||49,914 coins|
|Oak||27,012 coins||28,796 coins||30,876 coins||34,114 coins||39,290 coins||47,992 coins|
|Fishing||24,627 coins||26,602 coins||28,112 coins||30,813 coins||36,423 coins||54,978 coins|
|Slime||22,352 coins||24,270 coins||26,497 coins||30,628 coins||36,405 coins||48,540 coins|
|Wheat||16,348 coins||26,459 coins||15,461 coins||24,522 coins||35,461 coins||24,447 coins|
|Revenant||17,668 coins||19,706 coins||22,277 coins||26,966 coins||35,335 coins||51,236 coins|
|Jungle||24,137 coins||25,668 coins||27,607 coins||30,458 coins||35,109 coins||42,780 coins|
|Coal||20,769 coins||24,270 coins||26,160 coins||31,153 coins||34,614 coins||44,732 coins|
|Redstone||24,693 coins||26,550 coins||28,656 coins||31,143 coins||34,110 coins||39,810 coins|
|Glowstone||21,213 coins||22,762 coins||25,384 coins||28,055 coins||33,145 coins||40,166 coins|
|Spruce||22,640 coins||24,236 coins||25,851 coins||28,632 coins||32,931 coins||40,392 coins|
|Birch||21,930 coins||23,470 coins||25,042 coins||27,732 coins||31,898 coins||39,116 coins|
|Skeleton||20,296 coins||21,996 coins||23,995 coins||26,384 coins||31,025 coins||40,591 coins|
|Mushroom||19,584 coins||20,983 coins||22,597 coins||25,545 coins||29,376 coins||36,720 coins|
|Quartz||18,118 coins||20,532 coins||21,731 coins||25,132 coins||28,925 coins||36,073 coins|
|Magma Cube||19,566 coins||20,871 coins||22,370 coins||25,056 coins||28,450 coins||34,766 coins|
|Blaze||15,930 coins||17,864 coins||18,907 coins||22,011 coins||26,036 coins||31,859 coins|
|Acacia||17,889 coins||19,044 coins||20,455 coins||22,582 coins||26,021 coins||31,740 coins|
|Clay||16,229 coins||17,259 coins||18,845 coins||21,573 coins||25,888 coins||32,392 coins|
|Gold||16,331 coins||17,983 coins||19,928 coins||22,502 coins||25,649 coins||32,661 coins|
|Cactus||17,088 coins||18,292 coins||19,971 coins||21,737 coins||25,632 coins||30,759 coins|
|Enderman||16,088 coins||17,187 coins||18,408 coins||20,605 coins||23,428 coins||28,644 coins|
|Cocoa Beans||15,540 coins||16,788 coins||18,245 coins||19,986 coins||23,310 coins||27,972 coins|
|Pig||15,128 coins||16,339 coins||17,825 coins||19,667 coins||23,225 coins||30,256 coins|
|Cave Spider||14,014 coins||15,170 coins||16,549 coins||18,218 coins||21,453 coins||28,028 coins|
|Snow||13,668 coins||14,287 coins||15,584 coins||17,716 coins||21,430 coins||25,775 coins|
|Carrot||12,136 coins||13,464 coins||15,170 coins||17,343 coins||20,215 coins||24,236 coins|
|Chickenⓘ||12,510 coins||13,534 coins||14,764 coins||16,263 coins||19,166 coins||25,020 coins|
|Obsidian||12,593 coins||13,430 coins||14,395 coins||16,086 coins||18,890 coins||23,575 coins|
|Sugar Cane||12,165 coins||13,372 coins||14,846 coins||16,715 coins||18,448 coins||22,280 coins|
|Diamond||11,979 coins||12,851 coins||13,914 coins||15,784 coins||18,271 coins||23,132 coins|
|Potato||10,620 coins||11,705 coins||13,276 coins||15,196 coins||17,643 coins||21,069 coins|
|Spider||11,469 coins||12,395 coins||13,453 coins||14,839 coins||17,452 coins||22,763 coins|
|Melon||11,367 coins||12,318 coins||12,991 coins||14,917 coins||17,050 coins||21,086 coins|
|Cobblestone||9,638 coins||11,240 coins||13,500 coins||15,000 coins||16,860 coins||19,275 coins|
|Ice||9,349 coins||10,887 coins||13,147 coins||14,607 coins||16,325 coins||18,698 coins|
|Mithril||12,300 coins||13,054 coins||14,041 coins||15,070 coins||16,290 coins||17,861 coins|
|Sand||9,680 coins||10,457 coins||11,408 coins||13,190 coins||15,774 coins||19,360 coins|
|Emerald||9,802 coins||10,569 coins||11,457 coins||13,069 coins||15,290 coins||19,646 coins|
|Dark Oak||10,128 coins||10,796 coins||11,577 coins||12,790 coins||14,732 coins||17,992 coins|
|End Stone||7,676 coins||8,330 coins||9,087 coins||10,531 coins||12,451 coins||15,351 coins|
|Nether Wart||8,252 coins||8,788 coins||9,457 coins||10,288 coins||10,881 coins||12,893 coins|
|Zombie||6,694 coins||7,262 coins||7,923 coins||8,702 coins||10,219 coins||13,388 coins|
|Pumpkin||5,828 coins||6,242 coins||6,935 coins||7,789 coins||9,336 coins||11,656 coins|
|Flower||1,440 coins||1,543 coins||1,662 coins||1,800 coins||1,964 coins||2,400 coins|
|Creeper||0 coins||1,562 coins||1,443 coins||1,674 coins||0 coins||558 coins|
What Minion Tier to use for coins
The minion tier recommended for each minion varies due to the price of upgrading certain minions. This excludes ice, snow, and clay, which are all worth getting tier 11, but other minions have better tiers. Of course, it is still worth upgrading just one minion of each type to tier XI due to unlocking minion slots. This data gives a rough idea for planning on using the most profitable minions, but profit changes frequently by the Bazaar. This table below uses the Lapis Minion as an example, showing how long it takes for it to make enough material to pay itself off.
|Tier||Time to start producing more than cost (hours)||Time to start producing more than cost (days)|
|Total for tier XII (days)||348.33|
Other minions follow this trend similar to the Lapis Minion. Days refer to days in real life, not the in-game days equivalent. It is generally recommended to upgrade minions to tier V at most after maxing out on that minion type for the unique minions (Revenant and Tarantula are exceptions where tier IV is probably better to go for). This is due to the market changing which minions will be the most profitable, effectively rendering past tier V worthless if the best minion meta changes.
Tier XII Minions
Tips and Trivia
- Increasing a minion's level upgrades its tool material.
- There was a glitch in early SkyBlock that putting a minion in a chest had a small chance of turning into a Steve or Alex head. They also had colored names.
- If a minion does the same action twice, it slightly decreases the efficiency of the minion.
- If the player picks up a minion with fuel inside that doesn't last forever, the fuel will be destroyed.
- The player's island is loaded when the player, guests, or co-op teammates enter the island. Approximately one minute after all players have left the island, the island is unloaded.
- By loading the island, some minions may continue the same action endlessly depending on their surroundings. For example, a Cobblestone Minion next to a cobblestone generator will only break cobblestone and will not place any new cobblestone if all other blocks are not cobblestone or air.
- Minions cannot be placed on Hard Glass. It will instead show only its head and fail to activate.
- Players can recombobulate a minion. This makes the minion's name Purple instead of Blue when in the inventory. This hints towards Minions being Rare instead of not having a rarity at all.
- For many variants of the foraging minions, such as the Oak Minion, if you place a block/slab 6 blocks above where the trees are planted, it will always grow into a "simple" tree rather than a normal tree. This significantly reduces the place occupied by the planted trees and allows far easier access to the minion as leaves won't block your path.
All minions can say things or ask questions to each other or the player. Below are a few things they say.
- "Break's over, back to work!" (After emptying minion from full inventory)
- "Hi (username)!"
- "I may be shorter than you, but I work for two!"
- "I'm your favorite, right?"
- "Fancy Armor you have there!" (Only shows if you have high defense)
- "Nothing’s getting through that Armor!” (Only shows if you have high defense)
- "I am Ironman!" ~ Iron Minion
- "I'm Fabulous; after he's starting to spin and changing color" ~ Mushroom Minion
- "Your skin is.... ok"
- "You've been doing well recently! Keep it up!"
- "Woops, I missed it!" (Shows only with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- "Got it! jk" (Shows only with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- "Missed again lol!" (Shows only with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- "Wait for it" (Shows only with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- "They dodged!" (Shows only with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- "Epic fail" (Shows only with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- "Maybe I should have chosen a different job" (Shows only with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- Mine, wait a few seconds, mine again, that's my thing.
- Sleep well! (says at night)
- That's a cute Rabbit, come see me little Rabbit! (Shows only when a Rabbit is nearby)
- Long time no see (Any minion when the player did not go near him for more than 1 day)
- This is fine (If the minion is on fire)
Special Rank Dialogue (only when a person with a specific rank is nearby)
- I always liked your videos (YouTube Rank)
- Are you recording a new video? (YouTube Rank)
- I always watched your videos! (YouTube Rank)
- Omg Hi YT! (YouTube Rank)
Conversation Between Minions ~ Specific for a minion:
- Minion 1: Creeper
- Minion 2: Aww Man!
- Minion 1: Did you see that new super hero movie?"
- Minion 2: No, I was working haha
- Minion 1: Same!
- Minion 1: Wanna do something after work?
- Minion 2: Sure! When's that?"
- Minion 1: No clue
- Minion 1: Hi I'm (Type of the minion)
- Minion 2: I know"
- Minion 1: k
- Minion 1: What if those stars are other SkyBlocks?
- Minion 2: Wow, that's deep
- Minion 1: We live in a simulation.
- Minion 2: Calm down, Neo
- Minion 1: Shifumi?
- Minion 2: Sure 3 2 1
- (Both minions hold out either paper, rock or shears)
- Winner: Ha, I won!
- Loser: YOU CHEATED
- Minion 1: Pretty sure you are shorter than me.
- Minion 2: We are the same size...
- Minion 1: Yeah right.
- Minion 1: Did you hear that new song yet?
- Minion 2: Not yet, I've been working haha!
- Minion 1: Same!
- Minion 1: Boop!
- Minion 2: What?
- Minion 1: Boop!
- Minion 2: Please no.
- Minion 1: Boooooooop!
- Minion 1: Ah, I'm so alone.
- Minion 2: What about me?
- Minion 1: You don't count.
- Minion 1: I always get scared at night.
- Minion 2: Cool. (Shows only at night)
- Minion 1: You have been doing really well recently!
- Minion 2: Thanks, you too!
- Minion 1: Keep it up!
- Minion 1: Heigh ho, heigh ho
- Minion 2: It's home from work we go
- Minion 1 (to a Pig Minion): You mind cleaning up your mess sometimes?
- Minion 2 (Pig Minion): Stop bothering me!
- Minion 1: But your Pigs, they smell.
- Minion 1 (to a Cow Minion): You mind cleaning up your mess sometimes?
- Minion 2 (Cow Minion): Please leave me alone
- Minion 1: But your Cows, they are so dirty!
- Minion 2: I know!
(Happens only if Jerry is near the minions)
- Minion 1: I don't trust that Jerry guy...
- Minion 2: Why not?
- Minion 1: He's just standing there, menacingly.
- Google Sheet of minion details - Extensive sheet detailing everything about individual minion profits from Bazaar and NPCs.
|June 11, 2019||0.1||Added Minions.|
|June 13, 2019||0.2||The requirement to unlock a new minion slot has been reduced.|
|The maximum minion island cap is now 20.|
|June 26, 2019||0.4||The Minion menu UI has been changed.|
|July 2, 2019||0.5||Added Fishing Minion I.|
|Aug 2, 2019||0.7||Added Minion Skin as a cosmetic feature.|
|Sep 11, 2019||0.7.1||Added new Minion dialogs.|
|Oct 11, 2019||0.7.2||Added Revenant Minion I and Tarantula Minion I minions.|
|Minions now get a 10% debuff on the next action if they "spawn" twice in a row, unless you did the harvesting action yourself.|
|Increased Fishing Minion speed by approximately 15%.|
|Dec 18, 2019||0.7.5||Added Snow Minion I.|
|Feb 21, 2020||0.7.6||The Minion Collection Menu now shows all tiers of every minions when clicking on them.|
|Added a way to view all minion recipes from the minion menu itself.|
|Jan 15, 2021||0.11||Added Mithril Minion I.|