Minions are a fundamental part of Hypixel SkyBlock. They allow the player to earn resources even while offline. A Minion generates resources from the center of a 5x5 Area by default and generates different materials depending on its type. They cannot be sold or added to the Auction House, but they can be traded. Minions can also be upgraded, up to tier XI, with each tier increasing either minion capacity or action time. You can find a Tier I Cobblestone minion on your starter island when you first spawn.
Minions can be crafted into higher tiers which increases their collection speed and its maximum storage size, with tier XI being the highest tier. Tiered minions can be distinguished by their colored patch on their heads, with light green patches being tier II-IV, purple patches being tier V-VII, orange patches being tier VII-X, and dark green patches being tier XI. Also, there is a quick crafting diamond, so that the owner does not need to manually craft the next tier.
Initially, the player can place only five minions. However, this can be increased up to 24 by crafting/upgrading new minions that the player has not yet crafted (see increasing minion capacity).
Minion UI Slots
|Cobblestone Minion I|
Minions have four types of slots:
- Minion Skins (Green, 1 Slot) - These are purely cosmetic.
- Fuel (Red, 1 Slot) - Increases minion production speed. Most will only have limited usage and will destroy itself when used up. The exceptions are the Enchanted Lava Bucket and the Solar Panel. Both power up the minion indefinitely, but the latter works only in daylight.
- Automated Shipping (Blue, 1 Slot) - Minions will automatically sell generated items once its inventory and Minion Storage Chest (if used) are full.
- Upgrades (Yellow, 2 Slots) - Unlike the other slots, both upgrade slots have a variety of different functions they can supply, although some upgrades are exclusive to certain minions.
Some items placed nearby can also have effects:
- Extra Storage - There is no slot for this, as it is placed directly to the side of the minion. It acts as a chest that a minion can put more of its produced resources in.
- Crystals - There is no slot for this, as it is placed on the player's Private Island to enhance certain types of minions.
Minion Fuel increases the speed of the minion, in turn decreasing the time between actions of a minion. For exact time decrease percentages, see Minion Fuel § Calculations.
|Icon||Fuel||Fuel Time (hours)||Minion Efficiency||Notes||Collection|
|Block of Coal||5||+5%|
|Solar Panel||Infinite (During the day only)||+25%||Able to be picked up once placed in a minion||Quartz |
|Enchanted Lava Bucket||Infinite||+25%||Able to be picked up once placed in a minion||Coal |
|Sven Packmaster drop|
|Revenant Horror drop|
|Catalyst||3||x3||It doesn't decrease the time between actions but triples the output items. This means that technically the Catalyst increases Minion speed by +200%.||Endstone |
|Budget Hopper||Sells resources when the minion's storage is full for 50% of its selling price.||Iron Ingot V|
|Enchanted Hopper||Sells resources when the minion's storage is full for 90% of its selling price.||Iron Ingot IX|
|Auto Smelter||Various||Automatically smelts anything that the minion produces.||Cobblestone III|
|Compactor||Various||Compacts items to their block forms.
|Any||Compacts items to their enchanted forms. (as well as second-tier enchanted items when there are enough resources)
|Diamond Spreading||Any||Occasionally collects a Diamond in addition to regular resources. (does not interfere with minion speed)||Diamond VI|
|Minion Expander||Any||Increases the minion range by one block (7x7 Area, 1 block each side) and increases minion speed by 5%.
(Placing two in the same minion will cause the effects to stack and will result in a minion range of 9x9.)
|Enchanted Egg||Chicken||Guarantees that each chicken will drop an egg after they spawn.||Raw Chicken V|
|Flint Shovel||Gravel||Guarantees that a Gravel Minion will receive flint upon harvest.||Gravel II|
|Flycatcher||Any||Increases the speed of your minion by 20%||Spider Slayer LVL 6|
Minion Skins are cosmetic overrides to a specific minion's appearance. It does not affect performance.
Some examples include the Santa minion skin and the Gingerbread minion skin.
Minion chests can be placed on any side of a minion (but not above), and once their inventory is full, items will be placed into the chest instead. Chests will be used before "automated shipping" items.
|Small Storage||Increases the minion's storage by 3 slots.||Oak Wood IV|
|Medium Storage||Increases the minion's storage by 9 slots.||Oak Wood VII|
|Large Storage||Increases the minion's storage by 15 slots||Oak Wood IX|
- Farm Crystal (Pumpkin
VIII) - Can be placed on the Private Island. Increases the speed of nearby Farming minions by 10%. Effective Radius: 8 (Note: affects only minions that spawn crops and not mobs)
- Woodcutting Crystal (Birch Wood
VIII) - Can be placed on the Private Island. Increases the speed of nearby Foraging minions by 10%. Effective Radius: 12
Other minion items
- Minion Chair - Purely cosmetic. Counts as a furniture item. Minions placed on it will not work, but will also not count towards the minion total. Cannot place a minion skin on minions sitting in the chair.
|Icon||Minion||Resources Generated||Type||Cooldown||Auto Smelter||Compactor||Super Compactor 3000||Super Compactor 3000 + Compactor||Collection / Obtaining|
|Tier I||Tier XI|
|Cocoa Beans |
|Sugar Cane |
|Raw Porkchop |
|Raw Chicken |
|Raw Mutton |
|Raw Rabbit |
|Nether Wart |
|Iron Ingot |
|Gold Ingot |
|Lapis Lazuli |
|Nether Quartz |
|Glowstone Dust |
|End Stone |
|Rotten Flesh |
|Spider Eye |
|Ender Pearl |
|Ghast Tear |
|Blaze Rod |
|Magma Cream |
|Zombie Slayer LVL 5|
|Spider Slayer LVL 5|
|Oak Wood |
|Spruce Wood |
|Birch Wood |
|Dark Oak Wood |
|Acacia Wood |
|Jungle Wood |
|Raw Fish |
|Season of Jerry Gifts|
Increasing Minion Capacity
The number of unique minions the player can place on the island increases as they create more unique minions. This includes creating new unique minion types or a higher level Minion of the same type that has already been collected. The table below shows the number of unique minions that can be placed after creating a certain number of unique Minions.
|Tier||Amount of Placeable Minions||Total Unique Minions required for this tier|
This is a table of profits for all minions without any fuel or other bonuses. Prices listed are if sold to the bazaar (or sold to shop if item cannot be sold on the bazaar).
Bazaar prices are updated every half hourⓘ and cached. To confirm the most up-to-date values are displayed, purge / refresh the page.
Note: This table assumes that the player is using a Super Compactor 3000, and thus uses Enchanted item prices. The reason for this is most people use one, and there can be a large gap between what the base item is worth and what the enchanted form is worth. Example: 160 Glowstone Dust is worth 1,584 coins while one Enchanted Glowstone Dust is worth only 846.3 coins, a notable decrease.
template = Template:Minions page profit table form = minProfTblCalcForm result = minProfTblCalcResult param = fuel|Fuel||select|[none],Coal,Block of Coal,Enchanted Bread,Enchanted Coal,Enchanted Charcoal,Solar Panel,Enchanted Lava Bucket,Hamster Wheel,Foul Flesh,Catalyst param = ds|Diamond Spreading|false|check param = expander|Expander|0|select|0,1,2 param = flycatcher|Flycatcher|0|select|0,1,2 param = sc3000|SC3000|true|check param = crystal|Minion Crystal|false|check param = time|Hours|24|int|0-99999999
|Minion||Tier 1||Tier 5||Tier 7||Tier 11|
|Rabbit||46,880 coins||55,012 coins||60,449 coins||93,527 coins|
|Tarantula||29,091 coins||36,763 coins||44,343 coins||84,165 coins|
|Revenant||26,308 coins||33,171 coins||40,154 coins||76,292 coins|
|Cow||28,417 coins||32,148 coins||36,142 coins||54,834 coins|
|Glowstone||28,391 coins||33,893 coins||37,461 coins||54,140 coins|
|Slime||24,639 coins||29,160 coins||33,737 coins||53,440 coins|
|Melon||62,855 coins||71,815 coins||81,541 coins||53,106 coins|
|Fishing||22,903 coins||26,361 coins||28,530 coins||50,975 coins|
|Mushroom||25,344 coins||29,244 coins||33,058 coins||47,520 coins|
|Lapis||28,566 coins||33,133 coins||36,007 coins||45,999 coins|
|Ghast||29,069 coins||33,042 coins||35,454 coins||45,441 coins|
|Creeper||22,768 coins||26,760 coins||29,311 coins||43,923 coins|
|Gravelⓘ||21,056 coins||24,917 coins||28,870 coins||42,112 coins|
|Iron||18,856 coins||22,912 coins||26,727 coins||40,090 coins|
|Gold||19,445 coins||23,706 coins||26,827 coins||38,890 coins|
|Oak||21,793 coins||24,902 coins||27,533 coins||38,764 coins|
|Potato||19,260 coins||24,075 coins||27,525 coins||38,451 coins|
|Blaze||18,973 coins||22,275 coins||25,695 coins||37,945 coins|
|Sand||18,945 coins||22,363 coins||25,878 coins||37,890 coins|
|Carrot||18,944 coins||23,680 coins||27,079 coins||37,779 coins|
|Sheep||18,628 coins||21,900 coins||24,216 coins||37,255 coins|
|Birch||20,624 coins||23,556 coins||26,073 coins||36,756 coins|
|Wheat||19,467 coins||26,428 coins||29,201 coins||36,398 coins|
|Coal||16,852 coins||21,261 coins||25,278 coins||36,335 coins|
|Spruce||20,359 coins||23,271 coins||25,712 coins||36,172 coins|
|Jungle||20,025 coins||22,891 coins||25,286 coins||35,564 coins|
|Skeleton||17,595 coins||20,817 coins||22,873 coins||35,189 coins|
|Magma Cube||19,461 coins||22,251 coins||24,923 coins||34,577 coins|
|Quartz||16,889 coins||20,257 coins||23,427 coins||33,626 coins|
|Clay||16,305 coins||18,917 coins||21,645 coins||32,515 coins|
|Cobblestone||15,005 coins||20,985 coins||23,316 coins||30,010 coins|
|Obsidian||15,857 coins||18,235 coins||20,339 coins||29,714 coins|
|Cocoa Beans||15,675 coins||18,538 coins||20,514 coins||28,215 coins|
|Redstone||17,405 coins||20,160 coins||21,925 coins||27,978 coins|
|Cave Spider||13,977 coins||16,471 coins||18,170 coins||27,953 coins|
|Pig||13,966 coins||16,441 coins||18,155 coins||27,931 coins|
|Chickenⓘ||12,646 coins||14,734 coins||16,440 coins||25,291 coins|
|Snow||12,972 coins||15,059 coins||17,279 coins||25,197 coins|
|Nether Wart||15,631 coins||17,750 coins||19,026 coins||24,423 coins|
|Cactus||13,563 coins||15,869 coins||17,299 coins||24,414 coins|
|Enderman||13,599 coins||15,544 coins||17,408 coins||24,180 coins|
|Acacia||13,576 coins||15,519 coins||17,144 coins||24,116 coins|
|Ice||11,940 coins||16,722 coins||18,579 coins||23,879 coins|
|Sugar Cane||12,919 coins||15,674 coins||17,705 coins||23,569 coins|
|Diamond||12,080 coins||14,063 coins||15,908 coins||23,285 coins|
|Spider||11,525 coins||13,610 coins||15,124 coins||23,072 coins|
|Pumpkin||10,976 coins||12,932 coins||14,586 coins||21,878 coins|
|Emerald||9,643 coins||11,220 coins||12,858 coins||19,226 coins|
|Zombie||9,483 coins||11,212 coins||12,328 coins||18,966 coins|
|Dark Oak||9,372 coins||10,709 coins||11,842 coins||16,676 coins|
|End Stone||7,544 coins||8,871 coins||10,246 coins||15,087 coins|
|Flower||1,440 coins||1,662 coins||1,800 coins||2,400 coins|
Mob Spawning Minion Mechanics
The mechanics of mob spawning minions are similar to that of mob spawners in vanilla Minecraft. The "ideal layout" only shows the general spawning area for mobs around a minion. Minions can spawn mobs only within a 5x5 area centered around them, unless they have a Minion Expander upgrade. The vertical range in which they spawn is 6 blocks (3 below, 2 above, and 1 at eye level with the minion). As long as there is a block for them to spawn on and spawning will not cause them to take suffocation damage, they will spawn in accordance with the minion's normal spawning times. Mobs that are wider than 1 block (slimes, magma cubes, ghast,s etc) are limited by the horizontal range, but will still spawn partially inside nearby walls and possibly escape. If a mob is outside of a minion's range, it will not kill it automatically and collect the loot.
Improving Minion Setup
This section is about improving minion setup and maximizing Efficiency and coins per hour. This section may change slightly due to bazaar prices and updates in the game so it might not be entirely accurate at times.
Best Coins Per Hour Minions
- After the 0.7.7 Update which limited NPC buying, the best minions really depend on the market. Generally, the best minions to use are (Using them with the upgraded Super Compactor 3000s (SC3Ks) and Diamond Spreading):
- [Combat (Mining)] Revenant and Tarantula: It is suggested that the player uses tier IV at most because up to this level is extremely cheap but beyond this level gets very expensive. For the Revenant Minion, use an SC3K and Diamond Spreading, along with a medium storage chest. For the Tarantula Minion, use an SC3K and a Minion Expander (otherwise it fills up to easily) along with a large storage chest to prevent it from filling up. (Note that quite often does the enchanted iron stay in the large chest, leading to perceived low yield.)
- [Mining] Lapis and Redstone. Generally, these two are the best minions to use for profit with Diamond Spreading and SC3K. Only tier XI has larger profit than slayer Minions; however, this is not recommended as it will take actual years to pay off (refer to below).
- [Farming] Potato, Cocoa Beans, Wheat or Melons: This is the best farming minion that can benefit from the farming crystal; use in conjunction with the Farming Crystal and a Legendary Rabbit Pet for similar to better profit (while online) than the tier 4 slayer counterparts. This assuming a tier VII setup; anything lower and the slayer minions will be better all the time.
- Note whilst the enchant replenish happens the CPH of these minions will likely decrease.
- [Farming] Rabbit, Chicken, Cow and Sheep: These minions are generally good as they drop more than one thing and all drops are worth a modest amount at the Bazaar. These aren't affected by Rabbit Pet; use a Legendary Chicken Pet and an Enchanted Egg if going for chicken minions.
- [Foraging] Jungle (Spruce): Use a Woodcutting Crystal and Legendary Ocelot Pet (SC3K and Diamond Spreading).
- The Minions that follow are on par or worse than the ones above, Please use these minions only as a beginner to earn early profit.
- [Mining] Snow: Because of the guaranteed profit from NPCs, this minion is not better than any of the minions listed above until it reaches tier XI. At this point, it is on par with the others even at NPC price. One upside of this minion is that it is by far the best source of mining XP, a skill otherwise quite hard to level.
- [Beginners Only] Coal, Iron, Gold (best to worst): Due to compactors being cheap, use an Auto Smelter for iron and gold. For coal, use a Diamond Spreading. If they fill up too fast, refrain from using Diamond Spreading. See Lapis and Redstone above for better profit.
- [Fishing) Clay: This minion can be used only for fishing exp, see snow for better NPC profit. A high level fishing minion could be used instead.
Refer to the minion details spreadsheet for further details (listed under see also).
Worst Coins Per Hour Minions
These Minions are generally not worth having down and have the use of counting toward only unique minions. This is a shortlist of the minions that make the least money per hour. These minions can still be worth having down for collections in some cases, e.x. emeralds for Personal Bank upgrades, diamonds for Diamond Spreading to be specific.
- After the 0.7.7 Update which limited NPC buying, the worst minions really depend on the market. Generally, the worst minions to use (have placed down) are:
- [WORST] Flower: This minion makes a very small amount of money currently as there is no way to put the flowers up on the bazaar. This minion has been one of the worst since introduced (ice was worse at the beginning). This does have a use in the Romero and Juliette questline but is not recommended to have down (sunflowers can be obtained but are no longer rare at all), and all it is worth is counting toward unique minions and for the quest listed. However, if a player uses multiple of this and gets a stack of Enchanted Dandelions, it can sell for quite well in the Auction House, selling for 1 million to up to 3 million or even higher, however this is mostly farmed using non-minion methods.
- Pumpkin and Nether Wart: Due to Pumpkin being used extensively to level up the Farming skill, this minion is just not worth having down at all. Nether Wart can be largely farmed automatically without the minions, making the minion useless (except for collection and unique minions). Nether Wart minion is nice if the player is manually farming for the potion affinity artifact.
- Emerald: Emeralds are largely useless except for powering up Emerald Armor. However, the personal bank requires emerald collection progress, and several emerald minions are the only way to upgrade the personal bank.
- Enderman: Due to the number of people farming Zealots and Endermen in the end, the price of ender pearls has decreased to a point that it is better to have a different minion make money while buying the ender pearls from the bazaar. This minion is somewhat decent if the player is grinding for the Aspect of the End sword, but the user will struggle to deal enough damage to the Endermen in the end.
- Diamond: Due to Diamond Spreading along with SC3Ks making a good amount of diamonds, Diamond minions are a lot less efficient. These should be used only in the early game for unlocking the diamond spreading recipe or if the player has not acquired many SC3Ks yet.
What Minion Tier to use for coins
The minion tier recommended for each minion varies due to the price of upgrading certain minions. This excludes ice, snow, and clay, which are all worth getting tier 11, but other minions have better tiers. Of course, it is still worth upgrading just one minion of each type to tier XI due to unlocking minion slots. This data gives a rough idea for planning on using the most profitable minions, but profit changes frequently by the Bazaar. This table below uses the Lapis Minion as an example, showing how long it takes for it to pay off.
|Tier||Time to start producing more than cost (hours)||Time to start producing more than cost (days)|
|Total for tier XI (days)||953.6|
Other minions follow this trend similar to the Lapis Minion. Days refer to days in real life, not the in-game days equivalent. It is generally recommended to upgrade minions to tier V at most after maxing out on that minion type for the unique minions (Revenant and Tarantula are exceptions where tier IV is probably better to go for). This is due to the market changing which minions will be the most profitable, effectively rendering past tier V worthless if the best minion meta changes.
Tips and Trivia
- Increasing a minion's level upgrades its tool material.
- There was a glitch in early SkyBlock that putting a minion in a chest had a small chance of turning into a Steve or Alex head. They also had colored names.
- If a minion does the same action twice, it slightly decreases the efficiency of the minion.
- If you pick up a minion with fuel inside that doesn't last forever, the fuel will be destroyed.
- Your island is loaded when you, guests, or co-op teammates enter the island. Approximately one minute after all players have left the island, your island is unloaded.
- By loading your island, some minions may continue the same action endlessly depending on their surroundings. For example, a Cobblestone Minion next to a cobblestone generator will only break cobblestone and will not place any new cobblestone if all other blocks are not cobblestone or air.
- Minions can not be placed on Hard Glass. It will instead only show it's head and fail to activate.
- You can recombobulate a minion. This makes the minion's name Purple instead of Blue when in the inventory. This hints towards Minions being Rare instead of not having a rarity at all.
All minions can say things or ask questions to each other or the player. Below are a few things they say.
- "Break's over, back to work!" (After emptying minion from full inventory)
- "Hi (username)!"
- "I may be shorter than you, but I work for two!"
- "I'm your favorite, right?"
- "Fancy Armor you have there!" (Only shows if you have high defense)
- "Nothing’s getting through that Armor!” (Only shows if you have high defense)
- "I am Ironman!" ~ Iron Minion
- "I'm Fabulous; after he's starting to spin and changing color" ~ Mushroom Minion
- "Your skin is.... ok"
- "You've been doing well recently! Keep it up!"
- "Woops, I missed it!" (Only shows with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- "Got it! jk" (Only shows with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- "Missed again lol!" (Only shows with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- "Wait for it" (Only shows with Blaze/Ghast minion when they miss their shot - can happen when Blazes die from water at the same time the minion tried to shoot it)
- Mine, wait a few seconds, mine again, that's my thing.
- sleep well (says at night)
- That's a cute Rabbit, come see me little Rabbit! (Only shows when a Rabbit is nearby)
- Long time no see (Any minion when the player did not go near him for more than 1 day)
- This is fine (If the minion is on fire)
Special Rank Dialogue (only when a person with a specific rank is nearby)
- I always liked your videos (Youtube Rank)
- Are you recording a new video? (Youtube Rank)
- I always watched your videos! (Youtube Rank)
- Omg Hi YT! (Youtube Rank)
Conversation Between Minions ~ Specific for a minion:
- Minion 1: Creeper
- Minion 2: Aww Man!
- Minion 1: Did you see that new super hero movie?"
- Minion 2: No, I was working haha
- Minion 1: Same!
- Minion 1: Wanna do something after work?
- Minion 2: Sure! When's that?"
- Minion 1: No clue
- Minion 1: Hi I'm (Type of the minion)
- Minion 2: I know"
- Minion 1: k
- Minion 1: What if those stars are other SkyBlocks?
- Minion 2: Wow, that's deep
- Minion 1: We live in a simulation.
- Minion 2: Calm down, Neo
- Minion 1: Shifumi?
- Minion 2: Sure 3 2 1
- (Both minions hold out either paper, rock or shears)
- Winner: Ha, I won!
- Loser: YOU CHEATED
- Minion 1: Pretty sure you are shorter than me.
- Minion 2: We are the same size...
- Minion 1: Yeah right.
- Minion 1: Did you hear that new song yet?
- Minion 2: Not yet, I've been working haha!
- Minion 1: Same!
- Minion 1: Boop!
- Minion 2: What?
- Minion 1: Boop!
- Minion 2: Please no.
- Minion 1: Boooooooop!
- Minion 1: Ah, I'm so alone.
- Minion 2: What about me?
- Minion 1: You don't count.
- Minion 1: I always get scared at night.
- Minion 2: Cool. (only shows at night)
- Minion 1: You have been doing really well recently!
- Minion 2: Thanks, you too!
- Minion 1: Keep it up!
- Minion 1: Heigh ho, heigh ho
- Minion 2: It's home from work we go
- Minion 1 (to a Pig Minion): You mind cleaning up your mess sometimes?
- Minion 2 (Pig Minion): Stop bothering me!
- Minion 1: But your Pigs, they smell.
(Only happens if Jerry is near the minions)
- Minion 1: I don't trust that Jerry guy...
- Minion 2: Why not?
- Minion 1: He's just standing there, menacingly.
- Google Sheet of minion details - -Extensive sheet detailing everything you need to know about individual minion profits from Bazaar and NPCs.
|June 11, 2019||0.1||Added Minions.|
|June 13, 2019||0.2||The requirement to unlock a new minion slot has been reduced.|
|The maximum minion island cap is now 20.|
|June 26, 2019||0.4||The Minion menu UI has been changed.|
|July 2, 2019||0.5||Added Fishing Minion.|
|Aug 2, 2019||0.7||Added Minion Skin as a cosmetic feature.|
|Sep 11, 2019||0.7.1||Added new Minion dialogs.|
|Oct 11, 2019||0.7.2||Added Revenant and Tarantula minions.|
|Minions now get a 10% debuff on the next action if they "spawn" twice in a row, unless you did the harvesting action yourself.|
|Increased Fishing Minion speed by approximately 15%.|
|Dec 18, 2019||0.7.5||Added Snow Minion.|
|Feb 21, 2020||0.7.6||The Minion Collection Menu now shows all tiers of every minions when clicking on them.|
|Added a way to view all minion recipes from the minion menu itself.|