Hypixel SkyBlock Wiki
Advertisement

The Mythological Ritual is a calendar event that occurs while Diana is elected as mayor. During the event, players can use an Ancestral Spade to dig up Griffin Burrows in order to obtain rare items, spawn in Mythological Creatures to get exclusive drops, and obtain coins.

Pet Items from Mythological Creatures with a Legendary Griffin Pet are rolled independently, so it is possible (but very rare) to get 2 pet items from 1 mob. (e.g. 1 Antique Remedies and 1 Dwarf Turtle Shelmet from a Minos Champion.)

Griffin Burrows[]

Griffin Burrows are a feature that only appear while Diana is the mayor. In order to see them, players must be holding an Ancestral Spade. To find them, players can use the "Echo" Ability of the Ancestral Spade, which will point them in the direction of the nearest Griffin Burrow. The player can "dig up" these burrows by left-clicking it with an Ancestral Spade and there is a chance to find a Mythological Creature, coins, Ancient Claws, Griffin Feathers, or an arrow pointing to the next burrow in the treasure hunt chain. For each rarity level the player's Griffin Pet is, new creatures and drops can spawn from Griffin Burrows. Each Griffin Burrow comes in chains of four each. Burrows only spawn on grass blocks on the Hub Island. The treasure hunt consists of four steps, each listed below.

  1. An arrow pointing to the second burrow.
  2. Mob, any treasure from the table below, and an arrow pointing to the third burrow.
  3. Mob, any treasure from the table below, and an arrow pointing to the fourth burrow.
  4. Treasure consisting of one drop from the table below.

An arrow pointing to the next burrow will have orange, yellow, or red particles around it. These hint at how far away the next burrow is. Orange particles mean the burrow is about 0-100 blocks away, yellow particles mean the burrow is about 100-250 blocks away, and red particles mean the burrow is more than 250 blocks away.

If a mob is dug up, the burrow will need to be dug again in order to reveal the arrow pointing to the next burrow and get the chain going. However, if using the Ability of the Ancestral Spade, the particles will still point to the mob burrow if not dug up to show an arrow.

If the player is holding the Ancestral Spade, the burrow will have one of 3 different particles effect surrounding it. The particles will either be blue, white or orange. Blue particles signify that the burrow is the 1st burrow in the chain of 4. White particles signify the 2nd or 3rd burrow in the chain and will spawn in a mob once they are dug up. Orange particles will always surround the 4th burrow in the chain, but can sometimes surround the 2nd or 3rd burrow too. These particles signify treasure (coins, Griffin Feathers or other items then can be dug up). The burrows are around High Level, Wilderness, Graveyard, Ruins, Coal Mine, Colosseum, Farm, and Forest.

The 2nd and 3rd Griffin Burrow have a 90% chance to spawn a mob, and a 10% chance to contain treasure.

Item Loot[]

Icon Item Griffin Rarity Chance
+1,000 coins Not required-Common 15.15% (Common)
+1,500 coins Not required-Common 7.58% (Common)
+3,000 coins Not required-Uncommon 7.58% (Common)

12.35% (Uncommon)

+4,000 coins Rare 17.97%
+5,000 coins Not required-Uncommon, Epic 3.03% (Common)

12.35% (Uncommon)
11.82% (Epic)

+7,500 coins Uncommon 6.17%
+8,000 coins Rare-Epic 8.98% (Rare)

11.82% (Epic)

+10,000 coins Uncommon, Legendary 2.47% (Uncommon)

3.92% (Legendary)

+12,000 coins Epic 5.91%
+15,000 coins Legendary 5.88%
+20,000 coins Rare-Epic 1.8% (Rare)

11.82% (Epic)

+25,000 coins Legendary 7.84%
+40,000 coins Legendary 5.88%
+50,000 coins Epic-Legendary 0.35% (Epic)

3.92% (Epic)

+75,000 coins Legendary 1.96%
+100,000 coins Rare-Legendary 0.09% (Rare)

0.12% (Epic)
1.18% (Legendary)

+150,000 coins Epic 0.12%
+250,000 coins Epic-Legendary 0.12% (Epic)

0.78% (Legendary)

+500,000 coins Legendary 0.78%
+750,000 coins Legendary 0.78%
Griffin Feather Griffin Feather Not required-Legendary 66.6%
Crown of Greed Crown of Greed Epic-Legendary 0.12% (Epic)

0.39% (Legendary)

Washed-up Souvenir Washed-up Souvenir Legendary 0.39%

Mobs[]

Mythological Creatures are a category of Mobs that can be spawned when a player digs up a Griffin Burrow or kills a Mob, with a higher difficulty monsters spawning depending on if one has a Griffin Pet and that pet's tier. They have a 90% chance to spawn from the 2nd and 3rd Griffin Burrow in a chain, and a 0.4% chance to spawn when any Mob, except for an Enderman spawned by Ender Pearls is killed. Without a pet, Minos Hunters will spawn. If the player has a Common Griffin, then the mobs that will spawn are Siamese Lynxes. At Uncommon or above, a Minotaur has a chance of spawning. At Rare or above, a Gaia Construct has a chance of spawning. At Epic or above, a Minos Champion has a chance of spawning; and at Legendary, the Minos Inquisitor has a rare chance of spawning. Mythological creatures despawn after five minutes if they are not killed or if the player dies. Creatures can also rarely spawn when a player kills a mob during the Mythological ritual event. Creatures spawned with an Epic Griffin Pet are prefixed with "Stalwart", and creatures spawned with a Legendary Griffin Pet are prefixed with "Exalted".

Mob Description Griffin Pet Rarity
No Pet Common Uncommon Rare Epic Legendary
Level Stats Spawn Chance Level Stats Spawn Chance Level Stats Spawn Chance Level Stats Spawn Chance Level Stats Spawn Chance Level Stats Spawn Chance
Minos Hunter A standard zombie-type enemy. [Lv15] 2kHealth Stat Icon.png

300 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

100% [Lv15] 2kHealth Stat Icon.png

300 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

57.14% [Lv15] 8kHealth Stat Icon.png

300 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

26.67% [Lv60] 100kHealth Stat Icon.png

850 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

16.67% [Lv60] 100kHealth Stat Icon.png

850 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

9.52% [Lv125] 500kHealth Stat Icon.png

2,700 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

12.35%
Siamese Lynxes A pair of cats. They must be damaged alternately. Particles indicate the correct target. [Lv25] 2 x 30kHealth Stat Icon.png

250 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

42.86% [Lv25] 2 x 30kHealth Stat Icon.png

2 x 300 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

40% [Lv85] 2 x 150kHealth Stat Icon.png

2 x 625 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

27.78% [Lv85] 2 x 150kHealth Stat Icon.png

2 x 625 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

19.05% [Lv155] 2 x 800kHealth Stat Icon.png

2 x 2,125 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

18.52%
Minotaur Throws axes at the player, reducing their healing. [Lv45] 60kHealth Stat Icon.png

200 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

33.33% [Lv120] 625kHealth Stat Icon.png

250 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

33.33% [Lv120] 625kHealth Stat Icon.png

250 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

23.81% [Lv210] 2.5MHealth Stat Icon.png

600 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

24.69%
Gaia Construct An Iron Golem. Can only be hurt once every 6 hits. Casts iron blocks on the ground which strike the player with lightning if they walk on it. [Lv140] 300kHealth Stat Icon.png

850 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

22.22% [Lv140] 300kHealth Stat Icon.png

850 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

28.57% [Lv260] 1.5MHealth Stat Icon.png

3,400 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

24.69%
Minos Champion Increases in damage the longer it lives, up to +600%. [Lv175] 2MHealth Stat Icon.png

2,700 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

19.05% [Lv310] 12MHealth Stat Icon.png

3,800 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

18.52%
Minos Inquisitor Increases in damage the longer it lives, up to +600%. Reduces the stats of its enemy. [Lv750] 40MHealth Stat Icon.png

850 Damage Stat Icon.pngDmg

1.23%


Crafted Items[]

The following items are crafted using Mythological Ritual items.

Name Rarity Effects Crafting
Beastmaster Crest

Beastmaster Crest
Beastmaster Crest
Beastmaster Crest
Beastmaster Crest

Beastmaster Crest Common-Legendary Accessory - Increases Pet EXP gained, as you gain more Mythological Creature kills.
Base Griffin Upgrade Stone

Griffin Upgrade Stone
Griffin Upgrade Stone
Griffin Upgrade Stone
Griffin Upgrade Stone

Griffin Upgrade Stone Common-Legendary Used to upgrade Griffin Pet
Zog Anvil Zog Anvil Rare Used for making an enhanced version of Pet Items bought from Zog. Enhanced versions are: Serrated Claws, Bigger Teeth, Reinforced Scales, Gold Claws, All Skills Exp Super-Boost
Sword of Revelations Sword of Revelations Epic Heal 15Health Stat Icon.png per hit. Deal +200% damage to Mythological Creatures and Minos Followers. Receive 75% more damage from them when held.
Daedalus Axe Daedalus Axe Legendary Gives +4 damage per Taming Level. Copies the stats from your active pet. Earn +35 coins from monster kills. Deals +200% damage against mythological creatures and Minos followers.

History[]

SkyBlock Prototype
Sep 8, 20200.9Added Mythological Ritual.
Advertisement