Stranded is a Gamemode where the player cannot leave their Private Island. Stranded profiles are similar to Ironman profiles in that they do not allow Trading with players outside of the Co-op, they use the Special Bazaar, and the Auction House cannot be accessed.
Stranded profiles can be played Solo or as a Co-op. Players on Stranded profiles are restricted to their Private Island for the entirety of the game, so there are several changes to make parts of the game's content obtainable. Players are able to place down certain NPCs on their island, such as Jacob and Maddox, to make their respective content available. NPCs can be unlocked by reaching a specific milestone, such as reaching a certain Skill level or obtaining a specific item. Players can also trade with Villagers.
On Stranded profiles, the level of some naturally spawning hostile mobs is the same as the player's Combat level. For example, a player with Combat VII (7) will have level 7 monsters spawn on their island. All monsters require darkness to spawn. Below is the list of mobs that can spawn on Stranded profiles.
|Image||Level||Mob Name||Spawning Requirements and Notes|
|[Lv1]||Rabbit||Spawns if the biome is changed with a Taiga Biome Stick (requires Spruce Wood |
|[Lv1-25]||Skeleton||No requirements other than darkness.|
|[Lv1]||Creeper||No requirements other than darkness.|
|[Lv1]||Charged Creeper||Created when a Creeper is struck by lightning. The island's weather can be changed with the Weather Stick.|
|[Lv1-2]||Spider||Spawns when the player's combat level is in the range Combat 0-2.|
|[Lv3]||Splitter Spider||Spawns when the player's combat level is at and not above Combat III (3).|
|[Lv4-8]||Dasher Spider||Spawns when the player's combat level is in the range Combat 4-8.|
|[Lv9-25]||Voracious Spider||Requires Combat IX (9).|
|[Lv1-13]||Zombie||Spawns when the player's combat level is in the range Combat 0-13.|
|[Lv14-23]||Crypt Ghoul||Spawns when the player's combat level is in the range Combat 14-23.|
|[Lv24-25]||Golden Ghoul||Requires Combat XXIV (24).|
|[Lv5]||Iron Golem||Spawns when there are at least six Villagers on the island.|
|[Lv7]||Lapis Zombie||Spawns from a Zombie Minion (requires Rotten Flesh |
|[Lv1-14]||Enderman||Spawns when the player's combat level is in the range Combat 0-14.|
|[Lv15-25]||Zealot||Requires Combat XXIV (15).|
|[Lv55]||Watcher||Spawns if the biome is changed with an End Biome Stick (requires End Stone |
|[Lv55]||Obsidian Defender||Spawns if the biome is changed with an End Biome Stick (requires End Stone |
|[Lv1-19]||Wolf||Spawns if the biome is changed with a Taiga Biome Stick (requires Spruce Wood |
|[Lv1-25]||Slime||Spawns below Y level 30 or during rainfall.|
|[Lv55][Confirm]||Redstone Pigman||Spawns if the biome is changed with a Nether Biome Stick (requires Magma Cream |
|[Lv12-15]||Blaze||Spawns if the biome is changed with a Nether Biome Stick (requires Magma Cream |
|[Lv17]||Ghast||Spawns if the biome is changed with a Nether Biome Stick (requires Magma Cream |
|[Lv1+]||Sea Creatures||Sea Creatures can be spawned from Fishing.|
|[Lv30-60]||Spooky Festival||During the Spooky Festival, Spooky Mobs spawn in dark areas and Spooky Sea Creatures can be fished up. Bat Piñatas spawn occasionally on the island. Regular monsters still spawn as well.|
NPCs can be summoned by clicking on the Island NPCs button in the SkyBlock Menu. Doing so will open a menu with all of the NPCs that can be summoned, including the requirements to summon each NPC.
|Banker||Having 1,000 coins in the Purse|
|Blacksmith||Combat V (5)|
|Plumber Joe||Obtaining a Sponge|
|Builder||Unlocking all obtainable collections|
|Jacob||Farming X (10)|
|Anita||Farming X (10)|
|Bea||Combat VIII (8)|
|Kat||Taming X (10)|
|Zog||Taming XV (15)|
|George||Taming XX (20)|
|Maddox||Combat XV (15)|
|Melody||Obtaining any Music Disc|
|Carpenter||At least 1 island member with [VIP+] or higher|
|Weaponsmith||Combat IV (4)|
|Rosetta||Combat VI (6)|
|Amelia||Social I (1)|
|Elizabeth||Combat VIII (8)|
|Oringo||Obtaining 6 unique Pets; available only during the Traveling Zoo event|
|Fear Mongerer||Combat V (5); available only during the Spooky Festival event|
|Baker||No requirements; available only during the New Year Celebration event|
|Bazaar||Level VII (7) in Farming, Foraging, and Mining|
Many collection materials cannot be obtained in the same way as in the Classic gamemode. Once enough materials have been collected, Minions are usually a very useful way to obtain more of the same material. Below is a table with information on how to progress in all collections. To see the spawning requirements for a mob in the table, click on the corresponding link.
|Icon||Collection||How to Obtain & Other Notes|
|Cactus||Generated by the Desert Crystal on the Desert Island. Prior to reaching Cactus |
|Carrot||Dropped by Zombies and Frosty. They can then be planted on farmland.|
|Cocoa Beans||There are Cocoa Beans on jungle trees, which can be grown from Jungle Saplings.|
|Feather||Dropped by Chickens.|
|Leather||Dropped by Cows.|
|Melon||Anita sells 5x Melon Seeds for 5x Jacob's Tickets. Summoning Anita requires Farming X (10).|
|Mushroom||Obtained from the Roofed Forest Island, which is crafted from a recipe unlocked at Dark Oak Wood |
|Mutton||Dropped by Sheep.|
|Potato||Dropped by Zombies. They can then be planted on farmland.|
|Pumpkin||Dropped by some Spooky Mobs and Spooky Sea Creatures during the Spooky Festival. Pumpkins can be placed in the crafting grid to turn them into pumpkin seeds, which can then be planted.|
|Raw Chicken||Dropped by Chickens.|
|Raw Porkchop||Dropped by Pigs.|
|Raw Rabbit||Dropped by Rabbits.|
|Seeds||Dropped from Long Grass, which starts on the island in small amounts and can be grown by using Bone Meal on Grass Blocks. Seeds can be planted to grow Wheat.|
|Sugar Cane||Generated by the Desert Crystal on the Desert Island. Prior to reaching Cactus |
|Wheat||Grown by planting Seeds.|
|Diamond||Dropped by Charged Creepers.|
|End Stone||Dropped by Zealots.|
|Gemstone||Dropped by Crystal Hollows Sea Creatures.|
|Glowstone Dust||Dropped by Witches.|
|Gold Ingot||Gold Nuggets are dropped by Redstone Pigmen.|
|Gravel||Obtained by using a Creeper explosion or TNT to destroy Stone. Both naturally-occurring Stone and manually placed Stone can drop Gravel.|
|Hard Stone||Dropped by Water Worms.|
|Iron Ingot||Dropped by Iron Golems.|
|Lapis Lazuli||Dropped by Lapis Zombies.|
|Netherrack||Obtained by Lava Fishing.|
|Redstone||Dropped by Redstone Pigmen.|
|Bone||Dropped by Skeletons, Wolves, and Old Wolves.|
|Ender Pearl||Dropped by Endermen and Zealots.|
|Ghast Tear||Dropped by Ghasts.|
|Gunpowder||Dropped by Creepers.|
|Rotten Flesh||Dropped by Zombies and other mobs.|
|Slimeball||Dropped by Slimes.|
|Spider Eye||Dropped by all variants of Spiders.|
|String||Dropped by all variants of Spiders.|
|Oak Wood||Harvested from trees grown from Oak Saplings, which can be obtained from the leaves of both the tree that starts on the island and trees grown from the saplings.|
|Dark Oak Wood|
|Raw Fish||Obtained by fishing manually or from using a Fishing Minion.|
|Ink Sack||Dropped by Squids and Night Squids. Night Squids can only be caught when using Dark Bait at night, and they drop on average 4.6 times as many Ink Sacks as Squids. The Squid Hat increases the chance of catching Squids.|
|Lily Pad||Dropped by various Sea Creatures.|
|All Boss Collections||Unobtainable|
Villagers can be obtained from curing Zombie Villagers. Players can sell some items to Villagers in exchange for Emeralds and Enchanted Emeralds. Players can then exchange these Emeralds and Enchanted Emeralds for Pets, Dark Auction items, items from Merchant NPCs, and a few more items.
Curing Zombie Villagers
Zombie Villagers can be cured by being fed a Golden Apple while under the Weakness effect, just like in vanilla Minecraft. Golden Apples can be obtained as a Rare drop from fishing or by crafting with gold from killing Redstone Pigmen. The Weakness effect can be obtained by having a Witch throw a Splash Potion of Weakness onto the Zombie Villager or by brewing a potion.
Villagers level up after a set number of Emeralds are traded. When a Villager levels up, it unlocks more trades. After a level is reached, the counter resets. Enchanted Emeralds count as 160 Emeralds for Villager leveling.
The list of Villager trades is shown below. The first table shows items that the player can give to a Villager for 1x Emerald, and the second table shows items that the player can buy with Emeralds or Enchanted Emeralds.
|Silent Pearl||6x Emeralds||1|
|Skeleton Talisman||10x Emeralds||1|
|Zombie Talisman||10x Emeralds||1|
|Enderman Mask||12x Emeralds||1|
|Desert Island||25x Emeralds||1|
|Pig Mask||50x Emeralds||1|
|Silky Lichen||50x Emeralds||1|
|Polished Pebble||70x Emeralds||1|
|Jingle Bells||75x Emeralds||1|
|Cat Talisman||100x Emeralds||1|
|Intimidation Talisman||100x Emeralds||1|
|Pig's Foot||100x Emeralds||1|
|Scavenger Talisman||100x Emeralds||1|
|Wolf Paw||100x Emeralds||1|
|Rogue Sword||120x Emeralds||1|
|Potato Talisman||200x Emeralds||1|
|Shiny Rod||200x Emeralds||1|
|Bottle of Jyrre||2x Enchanted Emeralds||1|
|Ice Bait||20x Emeralds||2|
|Blood God Crest||100x Emeralds||2|
|Fallen Star Helmet||3x Enchanted Emeralds||2|
|Potato Spreading||3x Enchanted Emeralds||2|
|Happy Mask||4x Enchanted Emeralds||2|
|Lynx Talisman|| 6x Enchanted Emeralds
1x Cat Talisman
|Frozen Chicken||8x Enchanted Emeralds||2|
|Hunter Knife||10x Enchanted Emeralds||2|
|True Essence||5x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|Winter Rod||5x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|Nope the Fish||6x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|Shrimp the Fish||6x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|Winter Sack||6x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|Wood Singularity||6x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|Tactician's Sword||9x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|True Protection I||19x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|Stonk||32x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|Cheetah Talisman|| 32x Enchanted Emeralds
1x Lynx Talisman
|Dante Talisman||35x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|Crooked Artifact||38x Enchanted Emeralds||3|
|Dragon Hunter I||50x Enchanted Emeralds||4|
|Flower Minion I||64x Enchanted Emeralds||4|
|Epic Farming Exp Boost||75x Enchanted Emeralds||4|
|Spirit Mask||75x Enchanted Emeralds||4|
|Ender Artifact||312x Enchanted Emeralds||5|
|Legendary Parrot Pet||312x Enchanted Emeralds||5|
|Legendary Turtle Pet||312x Enchanted Emeralds||5|
|Legendary Jellyfish Pet||312x Enchanted Emeralds||5|
|Wither Artifact||375x Enchanted Emeralds||5|
Notes on Villagers
- Villagers do not despawn.
- Villagers cannot be bred.
- The prices offered by a single Villager never change.
- Punching or otherwise harming a Villager does not affect the prices.
- The prices offered by different Villagers when trading items for Emeralds can differ slightly between Villagers, but prices when trading Emeralds for other items are always the same for that item.
- Hostile creatures do not attack Villagers.
- If there are at least six Villagers on the island, Iron Golems will spawn, allowing the player to unlock the Iron Ingot collection.
- Villagers move very quickly once cured, so it is advised to cure Zombie Villagers after they are trapped.
- Villagers tend to clip through walls, so it is advised to use solid blocks for the walls.
- Villagers also tend to clip through the floor, so it is advised to make floors at least two blocks thick.
- The first Villager cured on each profile is guaranteed to have the Desert Island trade. If this Villager dies, the next does not have the same guarantee.
In Stranded mode, the Trades menu has a few changes. Namely, the Portal to the Hub Trade is removed and there are a few additional trades exclusive to Stranded. The regular water and lava bucket trades are still available upon meeting their normal requirements.
|Foraging II (2)||2||→|
|Foraging IV (4)||4||→|
|Foraging VI (6)||6||→||4|
|Foraging VIII (8)||8||→|
|Foraging X (10)||10||→|
Players on Stranded profiles can participate in most Events, but some Events do not affect Stranded profiles.
- New Year Celebration: The Baker can be found in the NPC menu.
- Traveling Zoo: Oringo can be found in the NPC menu. Spawning Oringo requires 6 unique pets.
- Spooky Festival: (partial)
- Spooky Mobs can spawn on the Private Island on Stranded Profiles.
- The Fear Mongerer can be found in the NPC menu. Spawning The Fear Mongerer requires Combat V (5).
- Leaderboard rewards can still be obtained from the Events menu in the SkyBlock Menu.
- The Horseman's Candle cannot be used.[Confirm]
- The Bat Firework cannot be purchased.
- Season of Jerry and other Winter Island features: (partial)
- The Winter Island cannot be visited, but Stranded players can fish up Winter Sea Creatures on the Private Island any time during Late Winter.
- Fishing up Winter Sea Creatures is the only way to obtain Gifts since Stranded players cannot travel to the Winter Island to participate in the Defend Jerry's Workshop event.
- Players can open any type of Gift by placing it on the ground and opening it as usual, even on a Solo profile.
- Rewards from the Chicken Race can be bought from Villagers.
- The Hunk of Ice and Hunk of Blue Ice currently serve no use in Stranded since Terry is not in the Island NPCs menu. They cannot be sold to Merchants.
- Mayor Election:
- Elections cannot be voted on by players on Stranded profiles.
- Players on Stranded profiles cannot interact with elected mayors.
- Many mayor perks still apply to Stranded profiles, so it is still beneficial to vote on the election from a non-Stranded profile.
- For more information on which mayor perks apply to Stranded, see § Mayors below.
- Mythological Ritual (Diana): Unavailable
- Mining Fiesta (Cole/Foxy): Unavailable
- Fishing Festival (Marina/Foxy): Available
- Ⓑ Bingo: The Bingo interface can be opened via the
/bingocommand, allowing access to the Bingo profile, card, and shop. Items cannot be transferred from a Bingo profile to a Stranded profile.
- Century Cake: Since Simon is not in the Island NPCs menu, players cannot claim Century Cakes from Simon.
While mayors cannot be voted on or spoken with on Stranded profiles, many perks still apply.
- Aatrox: All perks apply as usual.
- Barry: All perks apply as usual.
- Cole: (partial) Since his Mining XP Buff perk and the Mining Fiesta event only work on public islands, the only one of his perks that affects Stranded is the Prospection perk, which increases the speed of Mining Minions by 25%.
- Diana: (partial) The Mythological Ritual event is only available on the Hub Island. The Griffin Pet cannot be obtained because the mayors cannot be spoken with on Stranded. Her other perks, Pet XP Buff and Lucky!, apply as usual.
- Diaz: All perks apply as usual, but the increased NPC buy limit only affects very few NPCs available on Stranded. However, it is worth noting that more materials can be bought from the Builder when this perk is active.
- Foxy: (partial) Her Benevolence perk, which increases rewards from the Defend Jerry's Workshop event, is not useful since Stranded players cannot access the Winter Island. If the event from the Extra Event perk is the Mining Fiesta, Stranded players cannot participate. Her Sweet Tooth perk applies as usual.
- Marina: (partial) The Fishing XP Buff perk only affects public islands, but her other perks, Luck of the Sea 2.0 and Fishing Festival, apply as usual.
- Paul: Since dungeons are not available, none of Paul's perks apply to Stranded profiles.
- Derpy: (partial) All perks apply as usual, except the AH CLOSED!!! perk does not affect Stranded because Stranded players cannot access the Auction House anyway.
- Jerry: All perks apply as usual.
- Scorpius: Since mayors cannot be spoken with on Stranded, his Bribe perk does not apply. Since the Dark Auction cannot be accessed, his only other perk, Darker Auctions, also does not apply.
Changes to Fishing
A few changes were made to Fishing for Stranded profiles only.
- Many Sea Creatures that only spawn in certain locations can be fished up on the Private Island.
- The Zombie Miner drops Nether Quartz.
- Water Worms drop Hard Stone.
- Name Tags are a GREAT CATCH! from Fishing, and they can be used to prevent mobs from despawning.
- The Fishing Fairy Souls can be collected like normal, but there is no way to trade them in for buffs, so the only use for Fairy Souls is the Full Set Bonus of Fairy Armor.
Tips can be bought from Jerry for 1,000 coins each. These tips are hints for Stranded-specific mechanics. For example, the tip "In my opinion, Magma Cubes are just fiery slimes." is a hint for the mechanic where Magma Cubes can be spawned by setting Slimes on fire. Upon purchasing a tip from Jerry, the player will receive one of the following messages in chat:
- Villagers tend to have sweet trades!
- Did you know Slimes can spawn near the void?
- Cocoa Beans only grow on one type of tree!
- Shiny creatures can drop shiny things!
- Rabbits can spawn in different biomes!
- I've heard that scary monsters can attack your island sometime in Autumn.
- The only way to obtain Emeralds is to trade for them!
- Pigmen are great at hoarding wealth.
- This place desperately needs more Iron Golems!
- In my opinion, Magma Cubes are just fiery slimes.
- Villagers tend to have cool trades!
|Alpha Hypixel Network|
|Dec 13, 2021||Added Stranded.|
|Jan 6, 2022||Added the ability to trade with Villagers.|
|Villagers no longer naturally despawn.|
|Added Name Tags to the pool of fishing loot.|
|Mobs can now be named with Name Tags to prevent them from despawning.|
|Added more Vanilla crafting recipes.More Info Needed|
|Creepers now drop Music Discs when killed by Skeletons.|
|Fixed an issue that caused saplings to not stack correctly when dropped from leaves.|
|Fixed an issue with Redstone Pigmen spawns.|
|The Cobblestone Minion on new profiles now starts with 20x Cobblestone.|
|Changed the requirements for unlocking the Builder to require unlocking all Collections.|
|Fixed an issue with Zealots not dropping End Stone correctly.|
|Lapis Zombies spawned from Zombie Minions now use the drop tables of regular Lapis Zombies.|
|Charged Creepers now drop Diamonds.|
|Lowered the spawn height of Ghasts.|
|Added multiple NPCs to the Island NPCs menu: Weaponsmith, Rosetta, Elizabeth, Fear Mongerer, Baker, Oringo, and Amelia.|
|Collection progress is now correctly updated after fishing up enchanted items.|
|Increased the speed that crops grow at.|
|Fixed incorrect skill requirements for some Island NPCs.|
|Changed the mob spawning mechanic to use a weighted random system.|
|Removed a chat message for Oringo that told players to go to the hub.|
|Fixed minions not giving Skill XP if the crops they harvested were planted by players.|
|Unknown Date||Changed some Villager trades to use Enchanted Emeralds instead of Emeralds.|
|Jan 18, 2022||Added Stranded to the main server.|
|Feb 14, 2022||Fixed some combat experience drops from mobs.|
|Added exclusive trades with no requirements for Water Buckets and Lava Buckets for players who lose them, with higher prices than the regular trades for these items.|
|Added the Smithmonger to the Island NPCs menu.|
|Zombie Minions now change their skin if they have a Sea Lantern Hat.|
|Endermen Minions now change their skin if they have a Summoning Eye.|
|Increased the mob cap.More Info Needed|
|Swapped the requirements for summoning George and Zog.|
|Crystal Hollows Sea Creatures can now spawn on Stranded, adding the Hard Stone and Nether Quartz collections. Zombie Miners drop Nether Quartz on Stranded.|
|The Brood Mother now has a chance to spawn in place of a spider.|
|Fixed a bug with Sea Creature Chance stacking when the Island is changed to the Deep Ocean biome multiple times.|
|The Weaponsmith now sells anvils for 1,000 coins.|
|Fixed the Builder requiring unobtainable collections.|
|Fixed the Grinch dying in one hit.|
|May 16, 2022||The Bat Firework, which was already disabled, is no longer sold by the Fear Mongerer.|
|Fixed a bug that allowed Slimes to drop Slimeballs when the fire that turns them into Magma Cubes also kills them.|
|Fixed Final Destination Armor, Reaper Armor, Revenant Armor, and Tarantula Armor not registering kills.|