Melee weapons are essential for many activities within SkyBlock and serve as a marker for progression through the game. This tutorial aims to provide a guide on melee weapons for all stages of the game.
At this stage, a player has only recently logged in for the first time. They will have less than 3,000,000 coins to their name and a skill average below 15.
- The Undead Sword is a good starter weapon due to its increased damage against Undead mobs. It is purchased from the Weaponsmith for 100 coins.
- The Squire Sword or Mercenary Axe from Rosetta can be used before getting Silver Fang, due to the inconvenience of grinding ghasts on ironman/stranded profiles. With these, you can still get Silver Fang for an upgrade.
- The Silver Fang or Flaming Sword can be purchased as an optional intermediate upgrade to the next weapons.
- There are three weapons to consider for the next upgrade: the Aspect of the End, the Raider Axe, and the End Stone Sword
- The Aspect Of The End is the worst option for damage (though better than a non-upgraded Raider Axe) but has a teleport ability that will be used in most of the late game players. It costs about 100k to 200k on BIN.
- The Raider Axe deals the least damage when not upgraded, but the most damage when it is. If the player decides to use this weapon, they should keep it for a while for it to get fully maxed out.
- The End Stone Sword deals less damage than the halfway-upgraded Raider Axe, but has Epic rarity, meaning its reforges will deal much more Critical Damage and ❁ Strength . It costs about 180k on BIN and is the most commonly-used in speedruns to one-shot Zealots.
- After saving up around 700,000 coins to 1,300,000 coins, the Aspect of the Dragons is a value upgrade due to its high ❁ Strength and ❁ Damage for relatively low cost. It is not recommended to buy one if the price is over 1.2 million coins.
- The Phantom Rod is a similarly-priced alternative to the Aspect of the Dragons if its requirements of Fishing 21 can be met. Its stats are mostly similar, and its ability deals damage to hooked enemies from a safe distance, without needing to aim for the enemy. As it is a Fishing Weapon, Spiked Hook VI can be applied to it, which increases its damage further.
- A choice between 3 weapons is presented at this point: Livid Dagger, Shadow Fury, and Flower of Truth.
- The Livid Dagger is the most popular choice. Its 100 ☣ Crit Chance, 100 ⚔ Bonus Attack Speed and double damage when hitting from behind make up for its low ❁ Strength and ❁ Damage, allowing one to deal high damage per second without needing to reforge Accessories for ⚔ Bonus Attack Speed. It requires a Catacombs - Floor 5 completion to use and costs 7,000,000 coins.
- The Shadow Fury's high ❁ Strength and ❁ Damage stats allow it to deal more damage on a single hit compared to Livid Dagger. It can be cheaply upgraded using Livid Fragment for improved stats. Its ability has some niche uses within Dungeons as well. It is on the costly side, at 15,000,000 coins; like the Livid Dagger, it requires a Catacombs - Floor 5 completion to use.
- The Flower of Truth, unlike the others, does not have any requirements tied to it. Not only does it have an exceptionally high base ❁ Strength of 300, its ability deals melee-type damage from range, triggering Life Steal and Syphon. The Flower of Truth's ability can strike multiple enemies, making it good for clearing rooms in Dungeons; it is used through the levels of play for this reason. It is crafted with Ancient Rose x9 costing about 7,000,000 coins. (After the nerf, the Flower of Truth is not a good investment, because its ability's damage does not count as melee damage anymore, so it can't crit or trigger Life Steal or Syphon)
- When optimised properly, each of these weapons end up dealing around the same amount of damage per second. There is heavy discussion within the community as to which weapon can deal the highest DPS.
- No matter which weapon is ultimately chosen, at this stage it is worthwhile sinking more money into upgrading them. Upgrades such as Hot Potato Book, Looting IV, Luck VI, Scavenger IV, Critical VI, and Combo are all relatively cheap and worthwhile. If running Dungeons with the items, they should be upgraded to 5 stars as soon as possible, whether that be through upgrading them with Essence, paying others to upgrade them with their Essence or purchasing them with stars already applied.
- The Reaper Falchion and Scorpion Foil upgraded with Wood Singularity can deal higher damage to their respective Slayer bosses than the general weapons. When grinding
Tier IVbosses, they become essential to increase kill speed. On the other hand, the Pooch Sword only works well with Mastiff Armor, and the general weapons can deal more damage to Sven Packmaster than it.
- While the correct choice of melee weapon is important, a high-damage armor set, Combat skill and large collection of correctly reforged Accessories will contribute equally to damage output.
At this stage, a player will be relatively seasoned, worth about 250,000,000 coins and with skill average of around 35. They are gearing up to conquer the most difficult challenges of the game, The Catacombs - Floor VII and the Revenant Horror
- The previously mentioned Livid Dagger, Shadow Fury and Flower of Truth remain the general weapons for this stage. However, one can afford to apply more expensive upgrades to them, such as Recombobulator 3000, Sharpness VI, Giant Killer VI or Titan Killer VI, Fuming Potato Book, The Art of War, and Swarm or Soul Eater.
- Weapons should be reforged to what is best for you set-up, but Wither Blood for the Withered reforge, or Dirt Bottle for the Dirty reforge are usually good if not optimizing.
- Weapons which are used mainly within Dungeons or against undead mobs should have Smite VI; the majority of Dungeon mobs are affected by Smite. Otherwise, Sharpness VI should be taken.
- The Soul Whip is an optional tool. It has a unique usage: right clicking launches an arc of particles forward, damaging enemies it hits. It can be used for hitting multiple enemies at once to heal, or for grinding Ghost in the Dwarven Mines for high amounts of Combat XP. It requires Fishing 26 to use and costs about 25,000,000 coins.
Endgame players have conquered the majority of SkyBlock and are willing to spend lots of money on small stat increases. Their net worth is 2,000,000,000 coins or more and they have a skill average around 45.
- The Axe of the Shredded is the best weapon against Revenant Horror
Tier V. Its ability is used by the Berserk class.
- The Daedalus Axe can be used in conjunction with a Griffin Pet to get high ✯ Magic Find for Slayer. It is also the best melee weapon for the Mythological Ritual.
- The Giant's Sword, (without One For All) can be used as an effective upgrade to the Livid Dagger, Shadow Fury and Flower of Truth.(Flower of Truth can still be kept for its ability)
- The ultimate melee weapon is the Valkyrie, with its unmatched ❁ Damage, ❁ Strength and ⫽ Ferocity. It is also by far the most costly, at 500,000,000 coins for a basic one and a further 60,000,000 coins for Wither Impact.
- Extremely expensive upgrades such as Sharpness VII, Chimera and Vicious V become worth getting by virtue of them being the only upgrades left available.
- The Dark Claymore is now the highest single-hit damage melee weapon in the game, being even stronger than Giant's Sword. (though an Emerald Blade will do more damage if you have enough coins in your purse)
|Guides for Beginners|
|Money Making Methods|