|“||If Necron is the right-hand of the Wither King, this dark demigod is the left-hand.||”|
The Voidgloom Seraph (/ˈsɛrəf/, "the burning one"; plural Seraphim /ˈsɛrəfɪm/) is a Slayer Boss in the Enderman Slayer branch. It is an Enderman with strong attacks. It is significantly stronger than the previous Slayer bosses.
Tier III Voidgloom Seraph results in unlocking the Blaze Slayer quest and the Inferno Demonlord boss.
The Voidgloom Seraph spawns as the end boss of a Enderman Slayer Quest after the required amount of Combat XP is earned by killing Enderman-type mobs. When the last required mob is killed, purple particles will appear around the location of its death, and the Voidgloom Seraph will spawn in its place after a short time.
Each tier of the Seraph requires the previous tier to have been defeated at least once. The
Tier I Seraph requires a
Tier IV Sven Packmaster kill to start.
The Voidgloom Seraph is an Enderman-type mob hostile to all players. It has the appearance of an enderman with critical particles following it. It has a smaller aggro range compared to other Slayers.
Half the damage of all Voidgloom Seraphim is dealt as AoE damage, damaging all players fighting the Seraph in range.
Occasionally, it will teleport behind or to the side of the player it is attacking. This teleport ability has unlimited range. The Seraph will only teleport if the player is moving, and with increased chance if they haven't attacked in a while. The Seraph will never teleport during its shield phase.
All Voidgloom Seraphim are immune to the abilities of Aspect of the Dragons and Ice Spray Wand. They are immune to water damage.[Confirm] Like normal Endermen, they are also immune to most arrows, except those from Juju Shortbow and Terminator.
Upon spawning and upon reaching 2/3 and 1/3 health, it protects itself with a hitshield (Malevolent Hitshield). This shield has no invincibility frames but each hit drains the shield by 1 regardless of damage. All types of arrows can damage this shield. In this state, it cannot teleport. Purple particles surround the Seraph when its shield is up. Upon being destroyed, it resumes attacking as normal.
Ferocity is 75% less effective on all Seraphim except when the Hitshield is NOT active.
As with all Slayer bosses, if the Voidgloom Seraph has not dealt damage to a player for some time, it will begin rapidly regenerating Health. The regeneration immediately stops when it hits a player again. If 4 minutes pass without the boss being defeated, it will despawn, failing the Slayer quest. A timer is shown above its head indicating the remaining time.
Each tier has all of the abilities from the ones before it.
|Tier||Health||Damage||Ability||Slayer XP Reward|
||300k||1200||Dissonance||Once in a while, teleport behind or to the sides of the player.
Also, the boss deals half of its DPS as AOE.
|Malevolent Hitshield||Gain a shield for X1 hits, reduced on hit regardless of damage.
Receives -75% Ferocity from your hits while the shield is NOT active.
The boss gains +X2 DPS each 3s while the shield is up.
||15M||5000||Yang Glyphs||The boss holds a beacon for 2 seconds then throws it to a random spot nearby.
Touch the beacon with your body to break the glyph.
Failing to break a glyph within 5s instantly kills you. (This can be bypassed with the Wither Cloak Sword ability.)
||66,666,666||12000||Nukekubi Fixations||Spawns heads which will travel to a random location around the player and then float there.
Clear heads by looking at them for half a second.
Each head deals X DPS. That amount is doubled for each other head alive.
||300M||21000||Broken Heart Radiation||Becomes immune to damage and casts dangerous moving beams.
Touching a beam deals 25% of your ❤ as true damage.
Touching a beam also decreases your incoming healing by 12% for 90s.
- Malevolent Hitshield appears upon spawning and reaching 200k (2/3) and 100k (1/3). It has 15 hits. The boss does not gain DPS while the shield is up.
- Malevolent Hitshield appears upon spawning and reaching 10M (2/3) and 5M (1/3). It has 30 hits. The boss does not gain DPS while the shield is up.
- Yang Glyphs appear upon reaching 7.5M (1/2).
- The Seraph will begin to hold Yang Glyphs, which appear as a beacon. After 2 seconds, it will throw the glyph to a nearby spot. Any player fighting the Seraph can destroy the glyph by standing adjacent to or on top of it. If it is not destroyed within 5 seconds, it deals 15,000,000 damage[Confirm] to all players fighting the Seraph. The abilities of the Mithril Coat and Wither Cloak Sword can block this damage. Glyphs cannot be thrown when the Hitshield is up. The Seraph will continue to try to throw Glyphs until it is defeated.
- Malevolent Hitshield appears upon spawning and reaching 44,444,444 (2/3) and 22,222,222 (1/3). It has 60 hits. The boss gains +3,000 DPS every 3s the shield is up; this bonus DPS is removed once the shield is destroyed.
- Nukekubi Fixation heads spawn around the player it is attacking upon reaching 22,222,222 (1/3). The heads can be destroyed by looking directly at them for 0.5s. They can be destroyed through walls. When they are destroyed, they will play a hissing sound. Each head attacks with a faint blue laser, and deals base 800 DPS, which is doubled for each head alive.
|Number of heads||Total damage per second|
- Malevolent Hitshield appears upon spawning and reaching 200M (2/3) and 100M (1/3). It has 100 hits. The boss gains +3,000 DPS every 3s the shield is up; this bonus DPS is removed once the shield is destroyed.
- Yang Glyphs begin at 200M (2/3) and are thrown at the same rate as
- Nukekubi Fixation heads spawn upon reaching 100M (1/3). Each head deals base 2,000 DPS, which is doubled for each head alive.
|Number of heads||Total damage per second|
- Broken Heart Radiation occurs at 250M (5/6), 150M (1/2) and 50M (1/6).
- The Seraph becomes invulnerable and stops moving for 8 seconds, taking the appearance of being seated. Explosion particles appear centered on the Seraph when this starts.
- During this time, it casts 12 Broken Heart Radiation beams: 4 groups of 3 20-block long beams, stacked 1 block on top of each other, each group at 90° to each other. The beams pass through walls. The beams rotate clockwise for the duration, completing 1 full rotation in the 8 seconds. They begin blue and change to purple, then green over the duration.
- Any player fighting the Seraph who comes into contact with a beam takes 25% of their health as true damage and has their healing reduced by 12% for 90s. The healing reduction stacks. In addition, any player fighting the Seraph who steps out of reach of the beams begins to take damage rapidly.
- Yang Glyphs and Nukekubi Fixations can be thrown in this phase.
These are possible Minibosses that could spawn upon killing a Enderman when a Voidgloom Seraph Slayer quest is active. It is also possible that after killing one of these minibosses, another could spawn immediately.
|Name||Health||Damage||Exp Given Upon Death||Minimum Tier to Spawn||Drops|
Tier IVVoidgloom Seraph has one of the highest Health of all non-dungeon enemies in the game.
- Yang Glyphs and Nukekubi Fixation heads can be thrown through walls, and in extremely rare cases, to inaccessible locations. Heads can still be destroyed by looking above them.
- Thrown Yang Glyphs can sometimes replace transparent blocks such as stairs and glass panes. When the Glyph is destroyed, the block will not be replaced until the server restarts.
- When using Broken Heart Radiation, the particles from the Seraph teleporting to the player will sometimes show. The Seraph will not move.
- The Seraph's invulnerability during Broken Heart Radiation does not start until the lasers are fired, leaving a brief period of vulnerability in the transitional phase.
- If a
Tier IVVoidgloom Seraph despawns while attacking with Broken Heart Radiation, the beams will persist indefinitely. These beams are visual only.
- Its name may be a reference to Seraph of the End.
- The name of Nukekubi Fixations are a reference to nukekubi, a mythical creature in Japanese folklore whose head detaches from its body.
- When in the Malvolent Hitshield, it can take damage using bows other than the Juju Shortbow and Terminator, making it easy to quickly defeat the shield.
- The Voidgloom Seraph does not take damage from water and attacks less when in water.
|May 31, 2021||0.11.5||Added Voidgloom Seraph.|
|May 31, 2021||0.11.5||Fixed being able to use Rend to kill Voidgloom Seraphs in a single hit.|
|June 3, 2021||Increased Null Sphere drops from 1-3, 9-18, 56-64, 95-145 to 2-3, 14-24, 60-80, 105-155.|
|The Park (Howling Cave)|